In this video, I want to share a quick tip about how you can modify a personalization tag to for example uppercase, lowercase, or title case.
I’ll show you what it is, how you can use it and will show you a handy example to make sure the contact’s first name is displayed properly.
Why should you modify personalization tags?
Imagine someone types their first name completely in capitals inside your opt-in form 🧐
Then, if you don’t use a modifier, every time you send an email that includes their first name, it will display the name in capitals too.
I think that looks a bit weird.
But luckily, there’s an easy fix for this 🙂
How do you modify personalization tags?
Luckily, this is really easy 🙂
You first have to decide on which modifier you want to use;
- UPPER — converts entire tag to all uppercase letters.
- UPPERFIRST — converts first letter to uppercase.
- UPPERWORDS — capitalizes the first letter of every word.
- TITLECASE — capitalizes the first letter of every word, and forces all other letters to be lowercase.
- LOWER — converts entire tag to lowercase letters.
- LOWERFIRST — changes the first letter of the text to lowercase.
- LOWERWORDS — changes the first letter of every word to lowercase.
So let’s say you want to display the contact’s first name in title case.
All you have to do is to add the “TITLECASE” modifier after a pipe symbol ( | ) inside the personalization tag:
And all the other modifiers work exactly the same.
So if you would want the first name in lowercase, you would use this;
And this doesn’t just work with the first name, you can use it with all the standard personalization tags that are available
Plus, if you want, you can use this to modify custom field personalization tags too 🤓
Now you know how to modify personalization tags in ActiveCampaign 😄
Super easy to implement, but you just have to know that this is possible.
What do you think? 🙌
Let me know in the comments below.
I would love to hear from you 🤗