Last Updated May 11, 2018
Your privacy is important to me.
The Website and its Content is owned by Max van Collenburg. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of maxvancollenburg.com.
Submission, Storage and Sharing of Personal Data
To use my Messenger Bot, this Website or its Content, we may seek personal data including your name, e-mail address, street address, city, state, billing information, or other personally identifying information (“Confidential Information”), or you may offer or provide a comment, photo, image, video or any other submission to us when visiting or interacting with our Website and its Content (“Other Information”). By providing such Confidential Information or Other Information to us, you grant us permission to use and store such information.
Your Confidential Information is stored through by us internally or through a data management system. Your Confidential Information will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that Information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Confidential Information.
There may be an occasion where we may ask for demographic information such as gender or age, but if you choose not to provide such data and information, you may still use the Website and its Content, but you may not be able to use those services where demographic information may be required.
Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Confidential Information or Other Information available for viewing by others online through this Website or its Content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the Confidential Information or Other Information that you voluntarily share.
Is my data & information secure?
I’m committed to protecting your information. To do so, I employ a variety of security technologies and measures designed to protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The measures I use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please bear in mind that the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Your data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing me here.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing me here.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact me by emailing me here.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How are “cookies” & other tracking technologies used?
This website is using a lotttttttt of cookies to ensure you have the best possible experience.
Let me list them for you;
- I’m tracking how you use this website with Google Analytics. This means I can see which pages people visit and how they interact with those pages. I’m anonymizing IP addresses, so it’s completely anonymous.
- If you’re on my email list, I’m using ActiveCampaign their page tracking to see which pages you are visiting. This helps my to see what you’re interested in, so I can personalize your content. [trackcmp.net][prism.app-us1.com]
- This website is personalized with RightMessage, which means I’m changing certain parts of this website based on the information I have about you. [rightmessage.com] [app.rightmessage.com]
- I’m using Google Tag Manager to manage all my tracking scripts. [www.googletagmanager.com]
- To allow you to share my content to social media I’m using AddToAny. [addtoany.com]
- I’m using Messenger Buttons on my website so it’s easy for you to opt-in for my content, this will leave a Facebook & ManyChat cookie. [facebook.com] [manychat.com]
What is your Anti-Spam Policy?
I have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of my communications by clicking the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. I have taken the necessary steps to ensure that I am compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information. I will not sell, rent or share your email address.
How is children’s privacy handled?
I do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and my website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 13 years old or older.
What about international data transfers?
How can I unsubscribe?
You may unsubscribe to my e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mail communications.
I manage e-mail lists through a list management system. Unsubscribing from one list managed by me will not necessarily remove you from all publication email lists. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact me here.
B. Messenger Bot
You may unsubscribe to my Messenger Bot at any time by typing “Stop” inside Messenger or by clicking “Unsubscribe” in the persistent menu. You will then be asked for your confirmation to be unsubscribed.
I manage my bot & the list in it through a bot builder system. Unsubscribing will unsubscribe you completely from all further messages & marketing materials. Your data will be anonymized automatically 90 days after unsubscribing.
What about privacy policies of Other Websites?
I have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our Website or its Content, and thus we cannot be held liable for the privacy of the information on their website or that you voluntarily share with their website. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use and protect the privacy of your Confidential Information and Other Information.
How about changes to this policy?
Want to contact me?